LH001422: 'The old tunnel and Round House'
A postcard published by P Falk. The Fremantle Electric Lighting and Tramways Board car barn (1905) is on the left. Construction of the Round House, centre, began 1.09.1830 to the design of the Civil Engineer, Henry W Reveley and was completed 18.01.1831. The tunnel was excavated in August 1837 for the Fremantle Whaling Company so that whale products and merchandise from ships could more easily be brought through to High Street. Taken after 1905.