Update on Design Process
The information we heard in stage one was embedded in the architectural brief and formed the basis of design criteria used to test various scenarios. Due to COVID19 we have adapted our engagement on this project. Early feedback and discussion with 12 key user groups was carried out in late April 2020, which showed:
- A preference for the facility to be closer to Montreal Street, as opposed to near the driving range.
- A preference for the driving range to be detached from the building.
- Agreement that a café should prioritise its service to everyone (golf course users, Boo Park users and passers-by). The location and access to the café needs further consideration.
- The community facility should provide a balance of indoor space and outdoor, undercover space (not one or the other).
- There were mixed views on whether the facility should straddle the sites or be entirely on the Booyeembara Park side (golfing preference).
- Key issues for golfers centred on the actual course as a priority issue rather than the clubhouse, and parking provision.
You can read the full outcomes in the second community engagement report, available by clicking here or from the document library.