Position of building approved by Council
At the FPOL committee meeting on 12 August 2020, Council approved the proposed position of the co-located Fremantle Public Golf Course Clubhouse, Cafe and Community Facility as per the indicated area below:
Council also approved the project progress to schematic design, noting:
- The café design will have as strong as possible relationship with both the Fremantle Public Golf Course and Booyeembara Park within the defined location.
- The design of the community facility will cater for a range of indoor/outdoor style community activities and events.
- Parking will be provided on street along Montreal Street with a portion located off street adjacent to the building.
- The design will allow flexibility and adaptability for future uses and expansion.
- Officers will provide a further report to Council for approval of the schematic design for the facility prior to detailed design and tender.
The development of the Booyeembara Park Concept Plan will also progress, in consultation with the Booyeembara Park Reference Group, prior to further community engagement.