View of Arts Centre circa 1940s from the water tower of the four storey Bushell's tea factory on Queen Victoria Street (demolished circa 1960). This shows the expansive grounds of the asylum prior to the construction of Parry Street in the 1960s. The Bushells Building was on the corner of Quarry and Queen Victoria Street. Quarry Street is in front to the left. The Dux Building (front) was erected in 1898 for Frederick William Ross as a bottling factory. In the left background is Skinner Street Cemetery, behind the Lunatic Asylum and its grounds. Note the fives court in the front.