Please improve access and help us to activate the area...
What we heard
- We’d like help promoting the FIAQ.
- We need some footpaths and street trees in the area at the very least.
- We’d like clarity on what we can and can’t do to activate and plant the streetscapes ourselves (e.g. with artwork, community gardens etc.).
- We like to see traffic and parking (better) managed in the area.
- What grants are available?
- We need a place in the area to purchase basic groceries.
What we're doing (and some other ideas)
The City is encouraging FIAQ to work with local residents and artists to create an ‘entry’ sign, complemented by some sort of signal at each premise (e.g. paint on the road or kerb) to guide people into participating premises once in they’re in the precinct.
City officers have put budget requests for some footpaths in the area: this will be considered by Council, along with all other requests, for future budgets in June 2020.
We have been looking at short (as well as long term) streetscape improvements. Free street trees are already available to individual landowners on request, and a verge gardens scheme is in place. If you are interested in installing trees or upgrading your verge you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the current verge gardens policy by clicking here or visiting: www.fremantle.wa.gov.au/residents/trees-and-verges and we’re also looking at whether the existing verge policies capture the type of installations the area would like, and if not, how they can be improved.
For more details on what's happening under this area please see the latest update by clicking here or visiting the document library.
Consultation has concluded