Feedback on the draft was largely positive, and no major adjustments were required. Minor adjustments may occur throughout the procurement and construction phases.
The following was noted when considering feedback on the draft concept:
- Adding a fence would take a sizeable amount out of the budget for play equipment. Some of the concerns raised will be addressed by natural fencing and barriers (such as raised garden bed edges and placement of logs to prevent parking on top of the playspace).
- This budget is for the playspace only, and items such as new exercise equipment or additional sports courts are capital works and outside the scope. The wider Frank Gibson Park also already has a large amount of hard surface area which is available for community use for much of the year.
- The fall zone for a standalone nest swing is too large for this site and it is roughly double the price of the proposed option, which provides multiple swings in an integrated approach.
- A set of monkey bars is included as part of the combination unit. There will also be many other different climbing elements across the playspace.
- Some of the exercise equipment will be relocated into the playspace. The rest is still within its useful life and will be retained with no immediate plans to upgrade it.
Engagement has concluded. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this project