Stage One Engagement Compiled
Thanks to everyone who participated in stage one of community engagement on the renewal of Dick Lawrence play space. Some key findings are:
• Nature play was the most popular activity, followed by climbing.
• The preferred style is natural / nature play mixed with more ‘traditional’ equipment including challenging equipment like monkey bars and climbing.
• Location A (current location) was preferred by the majority of participants, but the reasons why are important to understand (see full report). A group of people don’t mind about the location and some would prefer location B.
• People that would use the play space also come to the oval as: a destination for a walk, a place to gather or meet (group size for friends / family), to exercise the dog and for informal exercise.
• Separating dogs and children is a key concern for many participants.
There were many more findings and lots of useful information provided. The full engagement report is available here or from the document library.
This input will now be used by the landscape architects to develop a draft concept for the new play space at Dick Lawrence Oval. Once this is ready for your feedback we will notify all participants and also make it available here on My Say Freo. This is expected to be in early February 2021.