Proposed Parking Local Law 2021
Thank you to those who have previously provided feedback on the Parking Local Law.
Since 2019, officers have completed a comprehensive review of the local law and have recommended adopting a new law in its place, which is now advertised for public comment. Proposed changes include:
- The City has not changed it's infringement amounts in eight years and the new law recommends increases to some penalties. To view a full list of the proposed changes to penalties, click here.
- Provisions to allow the adoption of electronic parking technology, including provisions which will allow the City to set 'Pay by Phone only' zones.
- Provisions to allow for electronic parking permits.
- New provisions for parking at construction sites.
- An amendment to help prevent free parking from being exploited.
- An amendment regarding verge parking including for trailers, caravans or boats.
- An amendment to allow motorcycles to be parked in any bay, given the fee is paid.
- Other amendments to remove repetition and streamline requirements of current legislation.
To find out more and have your say, visit the Proposed Parking Local Law 2021 page or click here.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link