Provide your feedback on the draft
Building on the success of previous initiatives, this Plan provides new opportunities to further ensure that challenges faced by many people living, working in, or visiting the Fremantle community are acknowledged and addressed. At a glance it proposes:
- Three focus areas based on key findings of the review and community engagement process:
- Diverse, inclusive and thriving communities.
- Accessible places and spaces
- Equitable access to City services
- 24 priority actions under these focus areas, with responsibilities assigned across the organisation. Actions where the City has direct control or influence to achieve the legislated outcomes were prioritised for inclusion in the Plan.
- Actions that address our requirements under the Western Australian Disability Services Act 1993 (amended 2004) which includes working to achieve their seven legislated outcomes.
- Proposing an additional (eighth) non-legislated outcome as a commitment from the City to ‘create a welcoming and inclusive city’ and address inclusion and attitudinal (social and environmental) barriers to participation.
Share your thoughts
The draft Plan is now open for your feedback. There are several ways to share your feedback.
Online - Download a copy of the draft plan then provide your feedback online (below):
- Download a Word version of the draft plan here or in the document library.
- Download a PDF version of the draft plan here or in the document library.
Hard copy - A hard copy of the Plan and feedback form will be available at our drop-in session, or can be accessed at the Fremantle Library (Fremantle Oval 70 Parry St Fremantle) or The Meeting Place (245 South Tce South Fremantle).
In person - Attend our drop-in session 17 August 2021 at Fremantle Library (Fremantle Oval, 70 Parry Street). Drop in anytime between 3.00pm to 5.00pm to discuss the Plan with staff and provide your feedback.